Sunday 23 September 2012

Simple crochet scarf




I learned how to crochet this summer. 

Nothing too complicated yet, just getting used to the hook in my hand and the wool round my fingers.


I wanted to make, while on the move.


This scarf began in a field at the end of August, when there was just the tiniest hint of autum crispness in the air (and buckets and buckets of late summer downpours).  It's a very long chain and then about 12 rows of half double crochet, with a cheap acrylic yarn from from Zeeman.

I'm stuck as to what to do next. I've hardly mastered the basics and I know granny squares are the thing to try, but I'm not feeling any enthusiasm. Any ideas? (Tips on deciphering 'crochet speak' also welcome!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the colour and pattern, but I can't help you at all with crochet. I knitted a baby blanket recently and I loved being able to take it about or watch tv... but like you I don't know what to do next as I don't think I really mastered the basics either :)

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be anonymous or unpleasant!