Friday 26 October 2012

Toil and trouble

Actually, the only trouble with this was my vow to never EVER sew costumes for the children. Yes, yes, I am a heartless witch. It was just a step too far from proper sewing, thank you.

But I hadn't reckoned with L.



She took that vow and cunningly threw it into the cauldron along with:
  • a ladleful of school dress-up day
  • a generous dose of plaintive comments about what her friends would be wearing
  • a small but potent pinch of maternal competitiveness
Abracadabra!


A mini warlock costume will inevitably have to follow. I fear I've set a terrible precedent...



Do you do Halloween, and if so, are you making costumes? It's not exactly a tradition native to Belgium - far from it, in fact. But where the shops lead, popular culture follows...  condemning those of us too late to Aldi for the 6 euro outfits to slave over the sewing machine and make our own :-)

Linking this up to Sew Mama Sew's linky party - look at all those ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, just saw this costume. Hands down, that is a fab fab costume!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be anonymous or unpleasant!